Going on vacation and want to let everyone know that your work e-mail, smart phone and internet connection are being left behind? No problem! Users can set vacation responders to automatically respond to relevant e-mails with an out of the office response.
To set up vacation responders in bMail, simply:
1. Click the gear icon in the upper right corner of the screen.
2. Select the Settings option in the drop down menu.
3. After clicking on Settings, the General screen should be visible. Scroll down within
the menu until the Vacation Responder menu options come into view (near the
bottom of the screen).
4. Click within the message and subject boxes to create an automatic response that
will be sent to anyone who e-mails this account.
Note: bMail also offers the ability to only send an automatic response to people
who are in this accounts contacts / address book and / or mailers with
@berkeley.edu (or sub domains such as @chem.berkeley.edu) e-mail accounts.
If this behavior is desired, clicking the appropriate boxes under the Message
window will enable these features.
5. Once the message has been written, the beginning and end date for the message can be set via the First day and Ends
Note: An end date is optional but will alleviate the problem of responding to a
colleague with an out of office message after one returns to work.
6. Once all fields have been filled out and any desired options have been selected,
click the Vacation responder on button to enable automatic responses for the
7. Click Save Changes and the vacation responder will be activated.
|Keywords:||bmail email google apps externalid_3108, vacation, responder, holiday, response, autoreply, reply, auto, settings||Doc ID:||26996|
|Owner:||Bernie R.||Group:||Campus Shared Services|
|Created:||2012-10-22 16:05 CST||Updated:||2013-04-10 01:02 CST|
|Sites:||Campus Shared Services|
|Feedback:||2 0 Comment/Get Help Suggest a new document|